PEHP Life Insurance
Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, and Weekly Indemnity Insurance is available to all benefit eligible employees. Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance options offer coverage to both the employee and eligible dependents with options for applying for basic or additional amounts of coverage. Weekly Indemnity only covers the employee.
$25,000 basic term life insurance is provided to benefit eligible State of Utah employees free of charge.
- Up to $150,000 guaranteed issue term-life insurance is available to employees within 60 days of eligibility at the employee’s expense.
- For coverage above $150,000, or for any amount after 60 days of eligibility, evidence of insurability is required.
Spousal and Dependent Coverage
PEHP offers guaranteed issue term life Insurance for spouses and dependent children of benefit eligible State of Utah employees:
- Within 60 days of employees eligibility date or marriage.
- After 60 days, or for coverage greater than the guaranteed issue amount, evidence of insurability is required.
- All eligible children will be covered at the same level. Cost is the same for one or multiple dependent child coverage.
Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Select coverage between $25,000 and $250,000
- The family plan will automatically cover dependents at these percentages
- Spouse will be covered at 40% of the employee’s coverage amount
- If you have no dependent children your spouse will be covered at 50% of the employee’s coverage amount
- Dependent children will be covered at 15% of the employee’s coverage amount
- If you don’t have a spouse dependent children will be covered at 20% of the employee’s coverage amount
- Employee coverage only
- Must be enrolled in Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Provides a weekly income if you are totally disabled due to an accident that is not job related
Life insurance coverage and premiums are based on multiple factors. For more details, please see The Life and Accident Master Policy and Life and Accident Summary documents or log in to the PEHP Website to access these documents and more in the PEHP Benefit Information Library.