Skip to content
Secondary Menu »

Tax Withholding

Employees must designate the number of withholding allowances they wish to claim on their paycheck.  To update, increase or change the number of exemptions you have two options:

  1. Log into the Employee Self Serve (ESS) System and look for the Personal Information section, select the W-4 Tax Withholding option.  You will then see a table that displays your current selection, below the table you should see two options:  Change or Display – to update your current amount, select Change and and you are able to change your filing status as well as the number of exemptions.  Be sure to check the Declaration Box and then Save.
  2. The second option is to complete a paper W4 and fax it directly to State Finance at 801-538-3244.

If you have further questions about either process, please contact the Employee Resource Information Center (ERIC) by calling (801) 957-9390.

Site SettingsSettings