- Annual / Excess / Comp Leave – An employee will be paid a lump sum for all annual leave and excess hours at their current hourly rate. An FLSA nonexempt employee shall also be paid in a lump sum for all compensatory hours.
- Converted Sick Leave – An employee separating from state service for reasons other than retirement will be paid in a lump sum at their current hourly rate for all converted sick leave.
- Sick Leave – Unless retiring, an employee separating from state employment shall forfeit any unused sick leave without compensation.
- Accural or use of leave after LDW – Annual, sick and holiday leave may not be used or accrued after the last day worked.
- Rehired within one year / RIF – An employee rehired into a benefited position within one year of separation due to a reduction in force shall have forfeited sick leave reinstated to Program I and Program II as accrued prior to the reduction in force.
- Rehired within one year / non-RIF – An employee rehired with benefits within one year of separation for reasons other than a reduction in force shall have forfeited sick leave reinstated as Program III sick leave.
If you are retiring please contact an HR Representative at ERIC by calling 801-538-3742 for details related to leave payout/distribution at retirement.