The following is a list of potential benefits, which may be in addition to, or in lieu of, other death benefits.
· Line-of-Duty Death and Disability Amendments – PEHP 801-366-7495
· Public Safety Death Benefit – PEHP 801-366-7495
· Utah Highway Patrol Association (UHPA) / National Troopers Coalition – UHPA President – 801-898-8472
· OSHA – 1-801-530-6901 (Must notify within 8 hours of incident)
· Workers Compensation – 1-385-351-8334
· Federal Police Officer Death Benefit -1-202-616-6500 or www.bja.gov
· Federal Worker’s Compensation Benefit – 1-202-724-0713 or 202-724-0708
· Social Security Benefits – 1-866-690-1947
· Veteran’s Benefits – 1-800-827-1000
· Governor’s Golden Shield Scholarship Program -1-801-321-7100
· Contact URS Defined Benefit at 801-366-7770 or 1-800-695-4877
- If eligible for retirement – retirement worksheet and post retirement enrollment form.
- Call to learn about death benefits offered when certified officers are killed in the line of duty.
- Spouse receives a lump sum payment plus a monthly benefit based on the deceased employees final average monthly salary
- If there is no spouse or minor children, the settlement is a refund of contributions or $500.00, whichever is greater
- The following is required before a death benefit is received: A death certificate; marriage certificate; divorce decree if previously married; birth certificate for employee, spouse and dependents; a letter from the Department explaining the incident and the fact that the employee was a sworn officer and on duty at the time of the incident.